Monday, August 2, 2010

Song 6 -- Hard Times Come Again No More

This song was written in 1854 around the Civil War. This song is about hope, and realizing blessings in the hard times of life, and having hope to get through them. This song was very popular during the civil war, on both sides, but mainly for the North. This song tell it's story as if the singer is actually in the story. To me, it almost seems like the singer is trying to calm maybe family or friends. I really liked this song, I liked the music, almost kind of like rhythm and blues, and I liked the message it sent. The singer has a beautiful voice and does a great job with the song. This song teaches me about how America has hard times, but we also have hope, and reasons to get through the hard times.

No comments:

Post a Comment