Saturday, July 31, 2010

Mayflower -- Question 11

To the Indians who took up arms against there fellow natives, I believe it was all based on view point. Maybe the Indians thought that King Phillip was being unreasonable and starting a war that never should have taken place. Or, maybe the Indians just felt closer to the English than that of the army of King Phillip. I see the Indians as just sensible, they made the decision they made based off of their own smarts. They have been living in the area with the other Indians much longer than the English have, they knew what was the right choice to make for their tribe. They could be considered opportunistic as well, maybe they thought the English would bring them to glory in the New World. If I were a native my choosing sides would most likely depend on who I was closest with. If I had strong ties to King Phillip and the Pokanokets, I would most likely take their side. But, if I had lived near the English and they had treated me fair, I would take up their side. Both sides were to blame for the war, and one single side cannot be blamed for the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment